Created by Bakari Lebby in 2016, Hoechella is a 501c3 Non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness and advancing conversations about the real impact of rape culture, slut-shaming, and unjust legislation that affects people's bodily autonomy.
Hoechella's inaugural event in August 2016 took place at New Brookland Tavern over two days. The event featured twelve musical and dance acts spanning the Southeast. Planning for the 2017 festival is currently taking place.
- Conceptualized festival
- Booking of venues and acts
- Coordinating organizational tables
- Design & layout of promotional materials
- Assisted in design of apparel and accessories
- Press Releases & Social Media Marketing
- Artist-Venue Liason
- $2880 raised for Girls Rock Columbia & Charleston in donations at a free event
- 900+ attendees
- 12 acts featuring women, LGBTQ+, POC, and ally members
- 2 nights of an safe and entertaining space
- 15 local and regional organizations & companies providing information to attendees
- 1 closer community